2018 has proved to be a big year for the METRONET team with many significant project milestones.
As we look toward an exciting 2019, we thought to look back on the year that was. From securing federal funding for the construction of the Yanchep Rail Extension and Thornlie-Cockburn Link to TBM Grace clearing Airport Central Station and hitting the halfway mark, announcing a major upgrade to Bayswater Station and the removal Denny Avenue Level Crossing – we’ve certainly been kept on our toes delivering Stage 1 METRONET to Perth.
As the year comes to a close, we’d like to wish you all a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. Thanks for following our projects and we look forward to providing you even more news next year.
Please note the METRONET office will be closed from December 21 reopening on January 7.
- Tunnel Boring Machine (TBM) Sandy hits 1km
- Private Sector Reference group formed
- Bayswater Station Upgrade project announced
- $1.05 billion Federal funding committed to METRONET
- Procurement process begins for 246 new railcars
- TBM Grace breaks through Airport Central Station
- State budget commits $3.6 billion to METRONET projects
- Design revealed for Denny Avenue level crossing removal in Kelmscott
- Planning tender released for Byford Rail Extension
- Yanchep Rail Extension and Thornlie-Cockburn Link project definition plans approved by Cabinet
- Forrestfield Airport link awarded an excellent sustainability rating by the Infrastructure Sustainability Council of Australia
- Multi-deck car park announced for Forrestfield Station to free up space for future development
- Stage One submission for the Morley-Ellenbrook Line goes to Infrastructure Australia to secure federal funding
- METRONET Rail Enabling bill passed through parliament
- Yanchep Rail Extension and Thornlie-Cockburn Link get tick of approval from Infrastructure Australia to secure federal funding
- TBM Grace reaches the halfway mark
- Geotechnical works start on Denny Ave, Yanchep Rail Extension and Thornlie-Cockburn Link projects
- Tender for railcar assembly facility released
- Bayswater Station Upgrade concept design released
- Environmental Assessment for Yanchep Rail Extension open for public comment