Representatives for the METRONET Access and Inclusion Reference Group (Group) have been selected.
The group, made up of people or organisations with an understanding of matters impacting people with disability or mobility issues, will provide input into the planning, design and useability of stations and delivered under METRONET.
The METRONET Access and Inclusion Reference Group will draw on its expertise and experience to provide advice into universal design features and provide ongoing advice to contractors during the construction of new infrastructure.
61 applicants were assessed by the METRONET Communications and Engagement team and the Department of Communities' Disability Services team to ensure a balanced representation across the access and inclusion sector.
The team is delighted to welcome the following members:
- Julie Waylen – State Manager, National Disability Services Western Australia
- Samantha Jenkinson – Executive Director of People with Disabilities WA
- Melissa Northcott - Board Director with Ability Centre Australasia Ltd
- David Carrington - Senses Australia.
- Justine Coyler - CEO of Rise Network
- Imran – community member
- Mark – community member
- Jessica – community member
- Jonathan – community member
- Dylan – community member
- Siyat – community member
- Adam – community member
- Elizabeth – community member
The Group’s first formal meeting will be held on May 14.