Shenton Road Closure (5 March - 30 April 2021)
Shenton Road between Davies Road and Graylands Road will be closed while construction of the new rail line between Claremont and Showgrounds stations begins.
Works will include drainage, earthworks and wall construction along Shenton Road. The closure of Shenton Road is required due to the proximity of works to the road and wall material storage during installation, and loading and unloading of wall panels.
The following traffic arrangements will be in place:
- Shenton Road will be closed to all vehicular traffic between Davies Road and Graylands Road, and a detour will be in place via Davies, Lapsley and Graylands roads.
- The existing principal shared path and Shenton Road westbound will become part of the work area.
- Shenton Road eastbound lane will be bi-directional for cyclists.
- Traffic controllers will assist cyclists and pedestrian traffic across the intersection.
- The traffic signals at Shenton Road and Davies Road will be modified.
Works will take place 24/7. Shenton Road will be open between 4pm Friday 16 April to 7pm Sunday 18 April 2021 to accommodate events occurring in the vicinity. The PSP users are to use on road cycling facilities or the northern verge of Shenton Road during this temporary open of Shenton Road.
Principal Shared Path diversion: Graylands Road to Scotch College (July 2020 to March 2021)
To facilitate project works, Principal Shared Path (PSP) diversions are in place between Graylands Road and Scotch College as per the map below.
Construction Vehicle Access Requirements: Claremont Crescent – Australind Street to Stirling Road (July 2020 to March 2021)
To facilitate the PSP diversion described above, and to allow construction vehicles to safely access the rail reserve, a temporary closure of Claremont Crescent between Australind Street and Stirling Road is in place as follows:
- Westbound lane closed to create a temporary PSP;
- Claremont Crescent to be one-way for motorists, accommodating eastbound traffic only, from Australind Street to Stirling Road. However, access will be closed for short periods of time when construction vehicles require safe entry to the rail.
Claremont Crescent East: Shenton Road and Stirling Road (until August 2021)
Works have progressed to construct the pedestrian underpass. Although the pedestrian underpass is incomplete, it is accessible and open to pedestrians to cross under the rail line.
The remaining underpass works will be completed after the major track works period following 5 April. In the interim, a temporary barrier is in place to maintain safety between the road and excavation area.
For safety reasons, Claremont Crescent East will continue to be reduced to a single lane, one-way traffic flow, which will operate eastbound between Shenton Road and Stirling Road.
Due to the traffic arrangements, street parking on Claremont Crescent East is unsafe, and will be restricted. Those on Claremont Crescent East, have been provided access to additional parking.
As well as the road closures, the car park on Claremont Crescent adjacent to The Goods Shed, will be closed. The Transperth car park on Davies Road has additional parking bays and are available to replace this parking for the duration of the closure.