METRONET vision: A well connected Perth with more transport, housing and employment choices.
With approximately 72 kilometres of new passenger rail and up to 18 new stations, METRONET is a catalyst to turn over 5,000 hectares of land around new stations to desirable places for investment in housing, jobs and services for growing communities. As one of the largest single investments in public transport that the city has seen, METRONET will help positively change how people live and travel in Perth.
A team from across WA Government is working together to consider what people need for work, living and recreation within these future urban centres with a train station at its heart, with the objective to:
- Support economic growth with better connected businesses and greater access to jobs.
- Deliver infrastructure that promotes easy and accessible travel and lifestyle options.
- Create communities that have a sense of belonging and support Perth’s growth and prosperity.
- Plan for Perth’s future growth by making the best use of our resources and funding.
- Lead a cultural shift in the way government, private sector and industry work together to achieve integrated land use and transport solutions for the future of Perth.
METRONET Stage One includes: