Critical works for the METRONET Morley-Ellenbrook Line will take place close to the rail and can only be completed safely while trains are not operating. To facilitate these essential works, services on the Midland and Airport lines will be cancelled:
- from last service Thursday 28 March until first service Monday 8 April 2024
- plan your journey at www.transperth.wa.gov.au
Works are underway to connect the Morley-Ellenbrook Line to the new Bayswater Station along the eastern section of Railway Parade. See New Bayswater Station project page for more information.
Morley-Ellenbrook Line connection
- intermittent out-of-hours works from 7pm–7am, Monday to Friday required between Beechboro Road South and Tonkin Highway, Roberts Street and King William Street
- construction of retaining walls on Railway Parade, backfilling of soil, compaction works, earthworks and drainage works within the rail reserve, east of Bayswater Station
- works to the west of Bayswater Station including rail deliveries, rail welding activities, and service installation works
- removal of existing overhead line equipment (OLE)
- rail formation works which includes earthworks and rail capping
- construction activities including ballast delivery, cutting and welding and rail tamping
- construction of the viaduct structure including civil works, earth works and concrete pours (until early-2024), and traffic impacts on Railway Parade (until early-2024).
Railway Parade traffic impacts
- Railway Parade is closed in both directions from Bassendean Road to Clavering Road and the westbound lane of Railway Parade is also closed in sections until early-2024.