Standard work hours are Monday to Saturday, 7am-7pm, and any out of hours works are indicated below. All works will follow approved noise and traffic management plans, and every effort will be made to minimise impacts. For questions about project works, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 9326 3666. For all out of hours works, please contact the site supervisor directly on 0437 844 378.
Rail infrastructure (until late-August)
Works within the Mandurah Line rail corridor (along Kwinana Freeway) between Farrington Road and Beeliar Drive, and at the Glen Iris Rail Tunnel south of Roe Highway including:
- Installing drainage and underground services;
- Roadworks including asphalting, line marking and maintenance;
- Traffic barrier and fencing installation;
- Delivery and unloading of materials including ballast rock;
- Building retaining structures;
- Installing handrails, guideposts, signage and light poles;
- Earth works;
- Track construction;
- Installing signalling equipment and overhead line equipment and structures; and
- Building of walls at the Berrigan Drive Bridge over the railway line, involving piling and concreting.
Some works and access will occur out of hours (7pm-7am), weekends and public holidays.
Drainage basin, Cockburn Central (ongoing)
Excavation work at bushland south of Berrigan Drive and west of the Kwinana Freeway.
Vehicle access from Verna Court, Cockburn Central.
Retaining wall, Jandakot (ongoing)
Earth works and installing piles along the northern side of the freight rail corridor next to the western end of Training Place, Jandakot.
Temporary path closure, Canning Vale (until mid-2022)
A section of path between Woodhouse Park and Ranford Road-Caladenia Grove Reserve is temporarily closed.
The section is next to properties on Steppe Court, Woodspring Trail, Meadowview Mews, Pinewood Walk, Parkland Trail, Park Lane, Fairfield Gardens and Marginata Parkway in Canning Vale.
Retaining wall, Thornlie (until mid-2022)
Installing piles, posts and concrete panels along the northern side of the freight rail corridor behind some houses on Partridge Way and Lyrebird Way, Thornlie.
From 5am, between 9 May – 23 May there will be up to four days of retaining wall construction north of the freight rail corridor near Tom Bateman Reserve, Thornlie.
BP Kewdale White Oil Line relocation (ongoing)
Around 11km of works along the freight rail corridor between the Kenwick Rail Tunnel and the Glen Iris Rail Tunnel.
It takes place within the suburbs of Kenwick, Thornlie, Canning Vale, Leeming and Jandakot, includes work sites near:
- O’Dell Street Reserve
- Southdown Place
- Thornlie Station
- Lyrebird Way
- Nyandi Court
- Ken Hurst Park
- Leeming Road
- Marriot Road
- Drilling, trenching and welding to relocate pipes;
- Clearing and fencing; and
- Regular delivery of materials to and from sites.
Works hours are 7am to 7pm, Monday to Sunday, including public holidays.
Out of hours works
The relocation of the pipeline will take place 24 hours a day from 5 May on the southern side of the freight rail corridor:
- Between Thornlie Station Car Park and Tarradee Circuit, Thornlie; and
- Between Nicholson Road and Woodhouse Circuit, Canning Vale.
Site investigation in Thornlie, Kenwick, Beckenham and East Cannington (ongoing)
Night works to locate underground services, geotechnical testing and survey work taking place from Thornlie Station to Gerard Street, East Cannington and in the Kenwick Rail Tunnel.
Dust suppression (ongoing)
Water carts will work onsite from 6am to suppress dust during hot and windy periods.