Standard work hours are Monday to Saturday, 7am–7pm, and any out-of-hours works are indicated below.
All works will follow approved noise and traffic management plans, and every effort will be made to minimise impacts.
For questions about project works, please email email@example.com or call 9326 3666.
Rail infrastructure (ongoing)
Works within the Mandurah Line rail corridor (along Kwinana Freeway) between Roe Highway and Russell Road/Gibbs Road, and at the Glen Iris Tunnel:
- road works including lane closures
- delivery and unloading of materials
- installing handrails, guideposts, signage and light poles
- track construction
- installing overhead line equipment, signalling equipment and communication cables.
Works within the freight rail corridor between the Glen Iris Tunnel, Jandakot and Canning River, Kenwick include:
- removing redundant track, ballast and sleepers
- earth works including excavating and compacting
- trenching to install underground services and drainage
- building the rail embankment and foundation.
Noise walls (until March 2024)
There will be an increase in noise during out-of-hours works to build noise walls on the south side of the rail corridor on O’Dell Street, between Spring Road and Canning River Bridge, Thornlie. Pumps and generators will be in use 24/7.
Utility service installation (until December)
There will be an increase in noise along the freight rail corridor between Kwinana Freeway, Jandakot, and North Lake Road, South Lake, to install utility services.
Track construction (until late-2023)
There will be an increase in noise, dust and vibration during out-of-hours works, between Kwinana Freeway bridge and Spencer Road bridge, in Jandakot, Canning Vale and Thornlie.
Earth works (ongoing)
There may be an increase in noise, dust and vibration during works within the rail corridor between Partridge Way and Canning River, Thornlie until late-2023.
Possible increase in noise from 24/7 use of a pump and generator between Tarradee Circuit, Cameron Street and Elliot Place, Thornlie until late-2023.
Possible increase in noise from 24/7 use of a pump and generator near Kanani Drive Reserve on McLean Road, and opposite Sorbonne Crescent, Canning Vale until late-2023.
There will be an increase in noise and vibration during out-of-hours works between Tulloch Way and the intersection of Hughes Street and McLean Road, and on McLean Road between Hughes Street and opposite Kanani Drive Reserve, Canning Vale until October. Pumps will be in use 24/7.
There will be a possible increase in noise from 24/7 use of a pump and generator nearby Tarradee Circuit, Cameron Street and Elliot Place, Thornlie until late-2023.
There will be an increase in noise, vibration and dust during drainage installation east of Spencer Road bridge, opposite Spring Road Reserve, including 24/7 use of a pump and generator.
Site access (ongoing)
There will be a possible increase in noise and dust from vehicles accessing site out-of-hours between Nettle Way and Kwinana Freeway, South Lake until late-2023.
Canning River path closure (ongoing)
Canning River path under the rail bridges, near O’Dell Street Reserve and Southdown Place/Corridale Place, Thornlie, is closed with a signed detour in place.
Noise walls, Canning Vale and Jandakot (from mid-July)
There will be an increase in noise during works to build noise walls along the south side of the freight rail corridor from Hughes Street to Nicholson Court, Canning Vale, and next to Glen Iris Drive and Turtle Point Cove, Jandakot.
Rail tunnel upgrade (until late-November)
There will be an increase in noise, dust and vibration during out-of-hours works in the rail corridor near the Thornlie Line rail tunnel, between Kenwick and Beckenham. Pumps and generators will be in use 24/7.
Out-of-hours works to deliver materials to site at:
- the bushland south of Berrigan Drive and west of the Kwinana Freeway, via Verna Court, Cockburn
- Mellor Place, Bibra Lake
- west of Kwinana Freeway, via Nettle Way, South Lake
- the corner of Karel Avenue and Berrigan Drive, Jandakot
- Karel Avenue, west of Orion Road, Jandakot
- Nicholson Road Station site, Canning Vale
- Tom Bateman Reserve on Wilfred Road, and Cameron Street, Thornlie
- Spencer Road, Thornlie
- O’Dell Street Reserve, Thornlie
- east of Canning River with access via Rimmer Lane, Kenwick
- Packer Park, Burham Road, Kenwick
- Albany Highway, near Sydneyham Street, Beckenham.
Canning River East
Out of hours works until the end of 2023 to complete the Static load test for the trial piles (
7pm - 7am).