New Midland Station Community Reference Group
The new Midland Station Community Reference Group (CRG) consists of residents and businesses that will help the project team identify local opportunities, issues and concerns. The group will act as a sounding board during the planning, construction and delivery phases of the project by collecting community enquiries and feedback for discussion in the meetings.
Formed in June 2021, CRG members were selected from 46 nominees reflecting a cross-section of demographics, geography and interests, opinions and experience.
The new Midland Station CRG members are:
- Bronwyn Benporath
- Giles Creelman (Swan Christian Education Association)
- Amanda Dow (Midland PCYC)
- Sarah Howlett (Midland Junction Collective)
- Laura Ashley Leyland
- Dr Brian Steels
- Daniel Stefanelli (Swan Chamber of Commerce/Centrepoint Shopping Centre)
- Mark Waite (Youth Futures WA)
The minutes of each meeting are below.
The New Midland Station Project maintains the railway’s central role to work and community life in the area with modern facilities that integrate into the area.
In January we asked the community what they would like to see at the new Midland Station.
197 of you gave us your feedback through our online survey, which will now be used to help inform the design process.
Key findings from the survey included:
- nearly half of you want to see a station that has combination of modern and heritage design elements;
- safety, parking and integration with the local area are the top three things that you think are important for the new station; and
- almost half of you think that rail and rail history should be reflected in the public art at the new station.
Read the summary fact sheet on the results here.