Standard work hours are Monday to Saturday, 7am–7pm, and any out-of-hours works are indicated below. All works will follow approved noise and traffic management plans, and every effort will be made to minimise impacts. For questions about project works, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 9326 3666. For all out-of-hours works, please contact the site supervisor directly on 0475 228 618.
Site preparation (ongoing)
Works along the rail corridor, stations and at level crossings, including:
- locating and relocating services
- stripping topsoil and building pads for cranes
- installing temporary fencing
- collecting soil samples
- pruning and clearing vegetation
- transporting materials to and from site.
Storage site works (until August)
Preparing a laydown yard on the corner of Lakes and Vale Roads, Hazelmere to store building material including:
- assembling cranes
- earth works
- transporting building material out-of-hours from 7pm–7am, Sunday to Thursday.
Temporary Cannington bus interchange (until July)
Building a temporary bus interchange near Cannington Station to support train replacement services during the Armadale Line Shutdown including:
- installing inground services
- compacting works, installing footpaths, bike shelter and light poles
- asphalting and installing temporary bus stands.
As part of removing the level crossings, Western Power’s overhead transmission lines are being moved out of the rail corridor to make room for works and elevated rail infrastructure.
This is being delivered in two stages.
Stage One – underground transmission power and removing 10 large lattice towers north of Oats Street. These are the high voltage power lines on steel towers and steel poles.
Stage Two – options are being considered to consolidate transmission lines south of Oats Street Station, which may impact some distribution assets. Design work is currently underway.
Read more on the Western Power fact sheet.
Power line relocation (until mid-2023)
Underground cabling will be installed along Beatty Avenue, Swansea, Withnell and Somerset streets in East Victoria Park.
- fencing off a section of John Bissett Park for use as a laydown area
- removing the road surface
- digging trenches
- installing cabling
- resurfacing the road.
Works will occur in 100m sections to minimise disruption to residents and traffic management will be in place.