METRONET is the single largest investment in public transport that Perth has seen, with a vision of a well-connected Perth with more transport, housing and employment choices.
With approximately 72 kilometres of new passenger rail and 22 new stations, METRONET is a catalyst to turn more than 8,000 hectares of land around new stations into desirable places to live, work and play.
More than a transport program of projects, METRONET also provides long-term legacies for the communities by implementing program strategies through Gnarla Biddi Aboriginal Engagement, Sustainability and Public Art.
The METRONET Program objectives are:
• support economic growth with better connected businesses and greater access to jobs
• deliver infrastructure that promotes easy and accessible travel and lifestyle options
• create communities that have a sense of belonging and support Perth’s growth and prosperity
• plan for Perth’s future growth by making the best use of our resources and funding
• lead a cultural shift in the way government, private sector and industry work together to achieve integrated land use and transport solutions for the future of Perth.
METRONET works collaboratively across agencies within the Western Australian Government to promote an integrated approach to project oversight, planning and design. As each project is at different stages within the program, this allows for flexibility in delivery arrangements.
METRONET partner agencies include: