Upcoming Fremantle Line Disruptions
To build the new turnbacks at Claremont Station, eight weeks of intensive construction activity will take place for two months from 5 February until 5 April 2021.
This will see major service impacts to the Fremantle Line during this work, including:
- No trains stopping at Claremont Station, with bus services only operating
- Several Line
closures, with train replacement buses operating. Specific details are
found on the Transperth website.
- Fremantle Line services between Showgrounds and Fremantle stations reduced to a 30-minute frequency with passengers required to change trains at Cottesloe Station (some passengers may also need to change at Showgrounds)
Detailed passenger service information is available on the Transperth website.
These new turnbacks are an important part of the Claremont Station Project. Once completed they will allow more trains to run between Claremont Station and the CBD during peak times and provide direct access to the new Airport Line from Claremont Station. Claremont Station is also being refurbished during this period.
Visit the Transperth website or download the Transperth app to sign up for My Alerts to stay informed on the upcoming disruptions.
We also encourage those living and working in the area to sign up for project updates and view the FAQs to find out about the other impacts associated with these works.
Out-of-hours works (February – April)
As these are significant works to complete in this timeframe, they are being completed 24/7 from Friday 5 February 2021 to the evening of Tuesday 5 April 2021.
To limit disruptions, noise will be managed through:
- A Local Government Authority approved noise management plan;
- Where feasible and practical, temporary acoustic barriers will be installed to reduce noise impacts;
- Undertaking noisy works as early as possible each night shift; and
- Choosing equipment which will be the quietest reasonable at the time.