Lakelands Station will have an entry building, two marginal platforms connected by a pedestrian overpass, an eight-bay bus interchange, and passenger car park with around 400 bays.
The project will include:
- station entry building with standard facilities including ticket and information machines, as well as passenger toilets;
- pedestrian overpass with lifts and stairs, providing access to platforms on either side of the rail line;
- passenger car park with around 400 bays, plus drop-off, short-term, motorcycle, and accessible parking. Access to the car park will be off Ashwood Parkway;
- sheltered, eight-bay bus interchange. Buses will access the station from Lake Valley Drive;
- secure bike shelters with space for more than 90 bikes;
- universal access throughout the station precinct;
- cycling and pedestrian connections to streets immediately adjacent to the station;
- modification to nearby sections of Lake Valley Drive and the existing roundabout to enable bus movements; and
- landscaping and public art.
As part of the project, the station will be ‘future-proofed’ to allow additional facilities such as escalators, more lifts, a kiosk, fare gates, and a customer service office to be installed in the future, once demand requires these.