While the extent and timing of construction activities will be confirmed as the project progresses, the following potential impacts are anticipated:
- Passenger disruptions due to temporary line and station closures, with replacement buses operating;
- Temporary traffic management impacts;
- Temporary pedestrian and cyclist detours while realigning the shared paths;
- Noise and vibration associated with construction activities; and
- Out-of-hours construction activity where full access to the line is required.
All potential construction impacts will be clearly communicated to affected stakeholders as the project progresses. All out-of-hours work will follow noise management plans approved by the Town of Claremont and Town of Cottesloe.
Temporary Lane Closure (Proposed June 2020 – March 2021)
The temporary lane closure, proposed by the Public Transport Authority, is to accommodate critical works along the City-bound Fremantle Line for the METRONET Claremont Station Project.
The lane closure, between Stirling Road and Australind Street, is proposed to occur from 22 June 2020 to March 2021.
Any queries can be directed to the Town of Claremont email@example.com, by calling 9285 4300, visiting the administration building at 308 Stirling Highway Claremont 6010 or at claremont.wa.gov.au/yourcommunityyoursay.
Comments are to be received on or before 5pm, 12 June 2020 and addressed to the Chief Executive Officer, Town of Claremont PO Box 54, Claremont WA 6910.
Out-of-Hours Works (June 12 – June 15, 7pm - 7am)
• Investigative structural surveys of Claremont Station platform;
• Directional drilling under the rail line from Claremont Crescent to Gugeri Street to relocate existing utility routes;
• Installation of new masts and equipment for overhead line to the east of Claremont Station and removal of old masts; and
• Installation of new masts footings for overhead line equipment to the west of Claremont Station
Fremantle Line Passenger Impacts
The Fremantle Line will be closed following the last evening services departing Perth and Fremantle stations at 7.30pm and 7.55pm, on Friday 12 June and will reopen for the first services on the morning of Monday 15 June.
replacement bus Route 906 will run from Perth Busport. Perth-bound replacement
bus passengers should note bus stop number 19604 (Gugeri Street, before Bay
View Terrace) will be temporarily relocated
approximately 50 metres east, towards Leura Avenue. This temporary arrangement
will be effective from June 12 for approximately one week.
Passengers using Transperth services should allow extra time and plan ahead. Please visit the Transperth website to plan your journey - www.transperth.wa.gov.au/Journey-Planner
Subject to approvals and weather permitting, the following schedule of out-of-hours works for 2020 is currently anticipated:
- 08:00 PM Fri 12/06/20 - 04:00 AM Mon 15/06/20
- 08:00 PM Fri 25/09/20 - 04:00 AM Tue 29/09/20
- Sun 30/08/20 - Fri 04/09/20
Full closure of the Fremantle Line will be required during these periods, with train replacement bus services running.
Road and Principal Shared Path Impacts (June 2020 - March 2021)
Traffic management on Gugeri Street and Claremont Crescent will be in place. Minor diversions will be required for the Principal Shared Path, which runs along Claremont Crescent east of Stirling Road.
Road and path users should take extra care and follow all traffic management directives in the vicinity of the works.
West of Stirling Road, a single-lane closure of Claremont Crescent to westbound traffic is proposed to accommodate critical enabling works along the City-bound Fremantle Line.
The temporary lane closure is proposed to ensure the safety of pedestrians, cyclists, motorists and personnel performing the work and is summarised as follows:
1. Claremont Crescent to be one-way for motorists, accommodating eastbound traffic only, from outside Scotch College to Stirling Road; and
2. The westbound lane of Claremont Crescent to be converted to a temporary Principal Shared Path to accommodate east- and westbound cyclists and pedestrians.
Subject to approval, the temporary lane closure would be implemented from 22 June 2020 to March 2021.
Claremont Station Car Park Impacts
The Claremont Station passenger car park, adjacent to Gugeri Street and Leura Avenue, will also be closed from Friday 12 June to Monday 15 June between 7pm and 7am.
For more information about these work call 9326 3666, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or register for project updates